Major changes for the Old Kentucky Home Tour in 2017!!
Details and registration information will be available here soon, or watch for it on the Old Kentucky Home Tour Facebook page
For 2017, the tour has:
MOVED to Labor Day Weekend, Sept 1-3
EXPANDED to a 3-day event with a distillery-hosted, live music "Welcome Party"
Now staging entirely out of Bardstown KY
SAG stops at historical tourist destinations, including distilleries
Multiple distance and varied terrain loop routes for every level of rider
Schedule of Events
Friday Sept 1
Early afternoon: 38 mile “Director’s Ride”
Late afternoon: Registration/Check-in opens at Barton Distillery
Evening: Registration continues with “Welcome Party”
Saturday, Sept 2
- Registration/Check-in continues at Heaven Hill Tour Hub
- Breakfast and mass start opportunity at Heaven Hill Tour Hub adjacent to the Bourbon Heritage Center. Lunch served at same location.
- 6 mile “Historical Bardstown” Loop – mostly level “in town” terrain with over a dozen stop opportunities at museums, historical buildings and two distilleries.
- 17 mile “Pottershop Hills” Loop -- not just for kick-butt century riders anymore!
- 22 Mile “Old Kentucky Home” Loop -- gently rolling terrain thru the countryside that ends at the actual Federal Hill Homesite for a SAG.
- 62 mile Metric Century “Lincoln Train” Loop with a varying terrain that features the Kentucky Railway Museum and Abraham Lincoln Birthplace NHP for SAGS.
- 101 mile “OKHT Century” option – you STILL want to conquer Pottershop with 95 miles on your legs? Go for it! We wouldn’t deny you after all these years.
- Tented lounge area with end-of-ride live music at Heaven Hill Tour Hub.
Sunday, Sept 3
- Sleep-in for late-served breakfast and 9:00 am mass start at Heaven Hill Tour Hub.
- 57 mile “Cookies and Bourbon” Loop --- The “World Famous Cookie Stop” moves to a new location in Boston, KY and loops by SAG locations at Jim Beam Stillhouse and Four Roses/Cox’s Creek Distillery before returning to Bardstown for “End of Tour Party” and pizza at Heaven Hill Tour Hub. (We won’t tell if someone picks you up in a vehicle at Jim Beam, mile 36, to shorten your last ride!)
Registration Opening Soon!!
|If you have reservations in the Bardstown area for the weekend after Labor Day, you'll need to contact your hotel/motel and change your dates. At this time, there are vacancies in and around Bardstown.|