The general membership meeting scheduled for Sunday, May 15th, has been moved. The meeting will now be held at the Clifton Center, 2117 Payne St. The time of the meeting has been changed to 5 PM.
In the absence of a club president, Mark Luking will chair the meeting.
Additionally, the executive committee passed the following motion
concerning the meeting:
Resolved that, the general membership meeting on May 15th will be held
pursuant to Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised 10th edition in all
cases where it does not conflict with the club by-laws. In addition,
the following special rules of order will be observed.
1. In the event motions are offered, memberships shall be checked
against the current club roster. The meeting will be closed to
non-members. Photo identification will be required from anyone not
personally known to the Secretary.
2. Members shall have two minutes per speech in debate.
3. The chair will require all main motions to be presented in
writing, per his authority in Robert's.
4. In the event of a motion to remove a club officer, the officer
will have the right to speak last for ten minutes.
5. Individual members will have one vote. Family members will have
one vote per adult member of the household. Members must be present
to vote, except David Ryan who may vote by phone.
6. If order and decorum can not be maintained, the chairman will ask
offending members to leave the meeting. If the behavior continues,
the chairman may, at his discretion, adjourn the meeting.